Note 1: This Aqara Motion Sensor P1 is EU version, model: MS-S02. This version of Aqara Motion Sensor P1 is intended to use with EU version of Aqara Hub EU.
Note 2: You can use this device with Aqara Hub, which could works with both Aqara Home app (Android or iOS).
Note 3: If you want to use this devices as HomeKit device, the Aqara Hub is required. This Aqara Hub can work as HomeKit bridge (you have to use Aqara Home app), which means, that devices connect to Aqara Hub could be controlled via HomeKit app. If you want control device remotely, not from your local Wifi / LAN home network you need Apple TV (with tvOS 10.2 or later) or an iPad (with iOS 10.3 or later) or HomePod set up as a home hub.
Aqara Motion Sensor P1
Aqara Motion Sensor P1 detects body motion and the state of ambient light. If there are any people moving or any change in the ambient light state in the areas under detection, the motion sensor will send notice to the Aqara Home app through the connected Aqara Zigbee 3.0 Hub or link to other devices.
- Configurable Detection Timeout: Finally, the detection timeout can be configured without any hardware modding. Just set any timeout from 1 to 200 seconds, confirm by pressing the device button, and the P1 won't be stuck for one minute, like before. (Please note: decreasing the detection timeout leads to shorter battery life)
- 5-Year Battery Life: Thanks to the energy saving technologies and improved batteries, the Motion Sensor P1 now can reach a record five-year battery life, which will make its battery life long even in case of extra-low temperatures or lightning-fast detection timeouts.
- All-Round Compatibility: Compatible with the most popular smart home ecosystems. HomeKit, Alexa, IFTTT, and more are supported. Matter support will be available as an OTA update of Aqara hubs after the official release of specification.
- 170° Field of View: Extra wide field of view, 170° for up to 4 meters and 150° for up to 7 meters. Moreover, thanks to its versatile 360-degree stand, the viewing angle can be adjusted so that only the motion in the desired area (e.g., bed or sink) will be detected.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: The user can configure how sensitive the sensor will be. Three sensitivity modes (high, medium and low), refer to the distance the sensor will be triggered from, which can help to reduce false alarms and make installation more flexible.
- Built-in Light Sensor: The light sensor built-in into the P1 can be used to control the lights more precisely. For example, only turn on the lights when it's dark and motion is detected in order to save energy and increase the lifespan of lights.
- Smart Home Automations: Motion sensor is a natural part of the majority of smart home automations: configure the IF conditions as well as THEN actions, and many routine tasks such as turning on the lights, opening curtains or controlling the TV will become automated*.
- Local and Remote Alarm: Thanks to the Aqara Home Alert System, the Motion Sensor P1 may become a reliable security device: configure away mode in the app, and enjoy constant monitoring, local sound and light alarms and cloud notifications in case motion is detected. Or, use it in HomeKit or other supported systems for the same purpose.
- Zigbee 3.0 Protocol: Enjoy the benefits of the fastest, most stable, and energy-efficient smart home technology. Better stability and compatibility (more standardized protocol), longer support, and more features.
- Future-Proofing via OTA: The sensor now supports OTA updates, which means that new features and fixes can be added after the release of the product.
* Aqara Zigbee 3.0 hub and controllers are required for this functionality.
- Model: MS-S02
- Battery: CR2450
- Wireless Protocols: Zigbee 3.0
- Dimensions: 33.1×33.1×41.6 mm
- Operating Temperature: -10°C ~ 55°C (14°F ~ 131°F )
- Operating Humidity: 0 ~ 95%RH, no condensation
- Zigbee Operation Frequency: 2405-2480 MHz
- Zigbee Maximum Output Power ≤ 13 dBm
What's in the Box:
- Motion Sensor P1 × 1, Holder × 1, Sticker × 1, User Manual × 1