Aqara Door and Window Sensor P2 - When Iconic Sensor Meets Matter over Thread Support.
Aqara Door and Window Sensor P2 not only incorporates all the advanced automation and security features Aqara* is known for, but also gives users the option to connect it directly to third-party Thread border routers, such as smart speakers, and use all the benefits of the Matter smart home standard.
* Some features require Aqara border router (Aqara M3 hub will launch probably in Q4, 2023), please check the description for more details.
Warnings, we recommend you read before buying (20.6.2023):
- In order to be able to use this device via the Thread protocol, you need to own a "Thread border router" device. If you want to use this sensor also through the Matter standard, such a Thread border router should also be a Matter Controller.
- The list of hubs that work as a Thread border router and at the same time a Matter Controller is shown below in the picture.
- The AQARA company does not yet offer a hub that functions as a Thread border router and Matter Controller at the same time. Such a hub is planned for the 4th quarter of 2023.
- The device cannot currently be used with the AQARA Home application until the hub from AQARA is specified, see point 3.
- Native Matter Support*: Entering the Matter era, users no longer need to worry about different ecological platforms and technical protocols, and only need a Matter app and Matter-compatible Thread Border Router. This means that connections across ecosystems and platforms become simpler and easier.
- Seamless Integration
- Thread Protocol
- Low-power Consumption
- Multi-ecosystem Support (Apple, Google, Alexa, SmartThings, ...)
- Open/Closed Status Monitoring: Stay informed and secure with real-time notifications on your smartphone whenever the sensor detects activity. You'll never miss a potential security threat and keep everything under control, whether you're at home or away.
- Local and Remote Alarm
- High-precision Hall Sensor
- App View
- Notification in app
- Local Home Automation: You can integrate the Door and Window Sensor P2 with your smart home ecosystem to enable advanced automations like adjusting thermostat settings or activating security cameras when a door or window is opened. Moreover, the automations are executed locally without cloud, which can protect the users' privacy and will keep working even if there is no internet connection.
- Home Security
- Valuables Monitoring
- Light Controlling
- Pet Door Monitoring
- Maximizing Efficiency with Voice Assistant: Aqara Door and Window Sensor P2 supports Apple Siri and Alexa. With these voice assistants, you can receive alerts about events such as door entries, or ask about whether a door is open, keeping you on top of things at home. This keeps daily tasks running smoothly and conveniently, allowing you to make the most of your time.
- Support Amazon Alexa
- Support Apple Siri
- Easy Installation & Maintenance: The compact and stickable design makes P2 easier to integrate into various home environments, and users can place it in a variety of places and scenarios. Thanks to the powerful CR123A**, users don't have to worry about frequent battery replacement or maintenance.
- Easy Installation on Any Surface
- Compact Design
- CR123A Battery
- Not Frequent Battery Replacements
- Extra Features in Aqara Home app***: The customizable settings through the Aqara Home app will be expanded with the launch of the Hub M3 in the near future. Users can fine-tune the sensitivity of the sensor within a range of 1-3 cm and adjust the sleep time based on specific scenarios, and also utilize the programmable button to trigger various smart home automations. Additionally, the Tamper Alarm feature will send immediate alerts to your smartphone if the sensor is tampered with.
- Tamper Alert
- 1-3 cm Adjustable Sensitivity
- Distance Setting
- Sleep Time Setting
* To use the Door and Window Sensor P2 with a particular ecosystem, a compatible Thread Border Router and/or Matter controller are required.
** The battery life may vary depending on the border router and Matter app the sensor is connected to. For best results, Aqara border router is advised.
***To support Matter over Thread devices in Aqara Home app, the Hub M3 is required. And the Aqara M3 Hub is estimated to launch in Q4, 2023.
1. No more lights suddenly turning off while you are in the restroom.
IF Contact sensor was opened (i.e., the toilet cover was opened, which indicates that the toilet is used)
THEN Turn off the automation “Turn off the light if no motion was detected for 2 minutes”
Devices -> Door and Window Sensor P2 + Border Router* + Motion Sensor
2. Detect the status of your existing AC
IF The contact sensor was opened (i.e., AC was turned on)
THEN Do not trigger your IR controller to run the “Turn the AC on” automation.
Devices -> Door and Window Sensor P2 + Border Router* + IR Controller
3. Save the energy when the door or window are open
IF a Door or window was opened
THEN Turn off the thermostat to reduce energy consumption and your carbon footprint
Devices -> Door and Window Sensor P2 + Border Router* + Thermostat
4. Alert System: the Door and Window Sensor P2 is a part of Aqara Home alert system: arm the system automatically using a Presence Sensor, and you will be notified immediately in case someone opens the door, drawer, or window while you are not at home
Devices -> Door and Window Sensor P2 + *M3 only
5. Door inside installation: should be possible to drill a hole and install the Door and Window Sensor P2 inside the door so that it will become invisible. A 23 mm drill bit is required.
Devices -> Door and Window Sensor P2 + *M3 only, 3 cm is needed maybe
- Product Name: Aqara Door and Window Sensor P2
- Battery: CR123A
- Model: DW-S02D
- Wireless Protocols: Thread, BLE 5.0
- Bluetooth Operation Frequency: 2402-2480 MHz
- Bluetooth Maximum Output Power: ≤ 13 dBm
- Thread Operation Frequency: 2405-2480 MHz
- Thread Maximum Output Power: ≤ 13 dBm
- Dimensions: 77 × 22 × 22 mm (Sensor Main Unit), 36 × 11.5 × 7.3 mm (Sensor Accessory Unit)
- Operating Temperature: -10 °C ~ 50 °C (14 °F ~ 122 °F)
- Operating Humidity: 0 ~ 95% RH, no condensation
- What is in the Box Sensor: Main Unit × 1, Round Magnet × 1, Flat Magnet × 2, Sticker × 4, User Manual × 1