Why Shelly Pro EM-50? Your Smart Solution for Accurate Energy Monitoring and Control.
Shelly Pro EM-50 is a DIN rail mountable two-channel, single-phase energy meter. It has an integrated switch with dry contacts for contactor control.
- LAN, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection for high security and reliability
- Reports accumulated energy, as well as instantaneous voltage, current, active and apparent power per phase in real time
- Power metering - two independent measurement channels on the same phase
- 4 Quadrant measurement with optical pulse indication of energy usage
- Can be used with contactors for bigger loads
- Accuracy Class B (IEC 62053-21)
- Photovoltaic ready
- Stores data in non-volatile memory that can be retrieved for a period of up to 60 days in 1-minute intervals.
- No hub required! Easy control through the Shelly Smart Control app, most platforms and protocols, as well as voice assistants. Use it with Alexa, Home Assistant, or your preferred automation system.
- Supports scripting, webhooks, MQTT, WebSocket, HTTPS, UDP, TLS and custom certificates & Modbus TCP protocol
*Package includes 2 pieces of 50 A Current Transformers
Shelly Pro EM-50 is a DIN-mountable 1-Phase Energy Meter with an integrated switch for contactor control. With active energy measurement accuracy of 1%, Shelly Pro ЕМ-50 can be used to monitor the consumption of and control any home appliances, electric circuits, and office equipment. It features 60 days of on-device historical data with a 1-minute resolution. Additionally, its scripting functionalities allow for the execution of complex scenes and provide broader monitoring abilities.
- Wi-Fi, LAN and Bluetooth connectivity - Simultaneous Ethernet and Wi-Fi usage. MQTT, inbound and outbound WebSocket, UDP, mTLS support.
- Accuracy class B (active energy) - Shelly Pro EM-50 has a measurement accuracy of 1%.
- MODBUS support - Allows for easy and fast deployment in existing industrial installations.
- Power measurement - Monitors two independent channels on the same phase.
- Integrated switch - 2 A dry contacts switch for contactor control.
- Scripting - Shelly Pro EM-50 fully supports mjS scripting, allowing you to create further features and functionalities.
Perfect for SMB owners
If you are a small or medium-sized business owner, you have probably struggled with energy overconsumption. Some machines and appliances are switched on all the time. With Shelly PRO EM-50, you can measure with utmost precision and reduce consumption by turning off load - water dispensers, laminating machines and lighting, during the night. The smart device can also be applied for preventative measurement by monitoring for abnormal behavior of HVAC, air compressors, refrigerator units and others.
Renewable energy ecosystem at home
If you have a photovoltaic system (PV) at home, Shelly PRO EM-50 can help you measure grid and imported energy from renewable sources. Moreover, it has configurable load control, which allows you to redirect any excess energy generated from renewable sources to electronic devices at your home and optimize your energy consumption. For example, you can use Shelly PRO EM-50 for charging your car or home appliances when your PV system provides excess energy.
Shelly devices are compatible with Alexa, Google Home, Android and iOS. Together with the voice assistant, you can command Shelly devices using just your voice!
- Size (HxWxD): 94x19x69 ±0.5 mm / 3.70x0.75x2.71 ±0.02 in
- Weight: 63 ±1 g / 2.22 ±0.05 oz
- Mounting: DIN rail
- Screw terminals max torque: 0.4 Nm / 4.43 lbin
- Conductor cross section: 0.5 to 2.5 mm² / 20 to 14 AWG (solid, stranded and bootlace lugs)
- Conductor stripped length: 6 to 7 mm / 0.24 to 0.28 in
- Shell material: Plastic
- Color: White
- Ambient temperature: -20 °C to 40 °C / -5 °F to 105 °F
- Humidity: 30 % to 70 % RH
- Max. altitude: 2000 m / 6562 ft
- Power supply voltage AC: 110 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power supply voltage DC: N/A
- Power consumption: < 3 W
- Max switching voltage AC: 240 V
- Max switching voltage DC: N/A
- Max switching current: 2 A
- Internal-temperature sensor: Yes
- Voltmeter (RMS): 100 - 260 V
- Voltmeters accuracy: ±1 %
- Ammeters (RMS via CT): 0 - 50 A
- Ammeters accuracy: ±1 % (5 - 50 A), ±2 % (0 - 5 A)
- Power and energy meters: Active and apparent power, Active and apparent energy,
- No load threshold: 30 VA per phase
- Measurement data storage: At least 60 days of 1 min data resolution
- Data export: CSV for PQ recorded values, JSON format export through RPC
- RF band: 2400 - 2495 MHz
- Max. RF power: <20 dBm
- Wi-Fi protocol: 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Range: Up to 30 m / 100 ft indoors and 50 m / 160 ft outdoors (Depends on local conditions)
- Bluetooth Protocol: 4,2
- Bluetooth Range: Up to 10 m / 33 ft indoors and 30 m / 100 ft outdoors (Depends on local conditions)
- CPU: ESP32-D0WDQ6
- Flash: 16 MB
- Webhooks (URL actions): 20 with 5 URLs per hook
- Scripting: Yes
- MQTT: Yes
- CoAP: No