AEOTEC Z-Pi 7
Z-Pi 7 is a daughterboard designed to be installed directly atop the Raspberry platform. It has been designed to enable software developers to bring custom automation solutions to market without having to co-develop unique hardware alongside their software. Once connected to a Raspberry, it exposes developers to the full Z-Wave API including 700 series Z-Wave.
Aeotec Z-Pi 7 was developed to control actuators and sensors in a Z-Wave Plus Network as a self-powered Z-Wave® GPIO Adapter. It's powered by Series 700 and Gen7 technology utilizing SmartStart native integration and S2 security.
Compatible with both Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Zero, Z-Pi 7 physically connects to the Rasberry’s GPIO port. Its small footprint means that it can be wrapped in any Raspberry case to offer a seamless, all-in-one gateway.
Z-Pi 7 is part of Aeotec’s range of turnkey hardware designed to enable solutions makers to build automation solutions without developing custom hardware.
Note: Raspberry PI board is not included with this module.
Note: This is a bridge controller - make sure that your software is capable of communicating with it prior to purchase.
Full Z-Wave compatibility. Z-Pi 7 fully enables Z-Wave Plus connectivity that is compatible with all Z-Wave versions from 100 series through to the 700 series. With the latter, it enables SmartStart and S2-security natively.
Made for professional solutions. With Aeotec’s Gen7 technology serving as its foundation and its compatibility with Z-Wave Plus V2 (700 series), Z-Stick 7 has been engineered for professional solutions which want to utilise the advantages of those technology including faster, more secure, and more reliable wireless communication.
Turnkey gateway-hardware development solution. Z-Pi 7 offers the quickest time-to-market for hardware developers, the most seamless installation, and the most reliable platform upon which to build a professional solution dependent on Z-Wave.
- Name: Z-PI 7
- Model Number: ZWA025
- Device Type: Z-Wave GPIO Controller
- Platforms: Developed for Raspberry Pi, Unix
- Z-Wave Plus: Yes
- 700 series: Yes
- Gen7: Yes
- SmartStart: Yes
- S2 security: Yes
- Z-Wave library: 7.11.0 or later
- Controller type: Bridge controller
- Z-Wave Chip: EFR32ZG14 / ZGM130
- Backup compatible: Yes
- Hardware Installation: GPIO connection
- Power supply: GPIO DC 3.3V
- Max operating current: 75 mA
- Built in rechargable battery: No
- TX Power: +4,8 dBm
- Transmit sensitivity: 9.3 dBm
- Receive sensitivity: -97.5 dBm
- Product Dimensions: 42 x 35 x 12 mm
- CPU speed: 39 MHz
- SRAM Memory: 32 kB
- Flash Memory: 256 kB
- Outdoor range: Greater than 200 metres
- Indoor range: Up to 100 metres
- Best for: Gateway makers, RPi users
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C / 40°F to 104°F
- Indoor usage only