What is NICE BIDI-ZWAVE?
Nice BiDi-ZWave is a special dongle designated for plug & play integration between Nice control units and the FIBARO smart home system.
The BiDi-ZWave accessory is a device that – by means of Z-Wave communication – allows for controlling the movement and status of Gate&Door-type Nice automations compatible with the BUS T4 (Opera) protocol.
Before proceeding with the product’s installation, make sure to have the following:
- 1 Nice automation control unit of the Gate&Door catalogue equipped with BUS T4 connection
- 1 Z-Wave gateway
Important! If the BUS T4 connection is used for the IBT4N interface, the BiDi-ZWave cannot be connected to the control unit.
- Newest Z-Wave chip generation (ZW7) – improved performance and security
- Plug & play installation
- Intelligent algorithm automatically recognizes protocol on proprietary BUS
- Additional possibilities including not only opening and closing the gate/door but also status reporting and gathering diagnostic information
- No need for replacing the old radio module and getting rid of classical Nice remote controls – they can work in paralel with BiDi-ZWave flawlessly
The backward compatibility of the BiDi - Z-Wave interface with all FIBARO gateways, and the possibility of being installed on a very high number of Gate&Door line automations, allow its use in already realized systems.
- Interface designed for easy installation in Nice control units. It allows their easy integration with the FIBARO system.
- Compatible with Z-Wave and Z-Wave + controllers
- Supports protected mode (Z-Wave network security mode) with AES-128 encryption
- Uses the latest generation Z-Wave chip (ZW7)
- Collects and provides diagnostic information
- Works with various NICE drives offered over the past 10 years
Works with NICE
- Opera R10 compatible - The BiDi-ZWave interface is works with all automations in the Gate & Door catalogue having Opera.
- The most popular solutions - The range of control units having Opera and the connector for IBT4 interfaces is very wide including the most popular models sold over the last years.
- Minor exceptions - For control units prior to the R10 version, and thus without Opera or with Opera but with RJ12 connector, they are not compatible.
- Power Source: 24V DC (supplied by the NICE control unit)
- Absorbed current max: 50mA
- Operating temperature: -20°C ÷ +50°C
- Radio protocol: Z-Wave(700 serieschip)
- Radio frequency: 868.0 -868.6; 869.7 -870.0 MHz
- Internal antenna max. transmit power: 10dBm
- Outside dimmensions(L x W x H): 37mm x 28mm x 21mm
- Protection rating (IP): 40