How to connect Fibaro Single Switch 2 into 4-way lighting systems. (How to control one light from 3 locations.)
What do you need for controlling light from 3 locations?
2 x 3-way switch
1 x 4-way switch
Danger of electrocution !
- All works on the device may be performed only by a qualified and licensed electrician. Observe national regulations.
- Even when the device is turned off, voltage may be present at its terminals. Any works introducing changes into the configuration of connections or the load must be always performed with disconnected voltage (disable the fuse).
STD 6 3-way switch
STD 7 4-way switch
L terminal for live lead
N terminal for neutral lead
Q output terminal of the load
S1 terminal for key no.1
S2 terminal for key no.2
B service button (used to add or remove a device from the system)
Activating Fibaro Single Switch 2:
- Connect the device in accordance with the wiring diagrampresented in Figure 1. Switch on the mains voltage.
- Fibaro Switch must be placed within the range of Home Center controller, as adding mode requires direct communication with the controller.
- Find key no. 1 which allows to switch circuit 1 on, in accordance with the diagram.
- Set the Home Center controller in add mode (see the controller's manual).
- Add Fibaro Single Switch 2 to the network by pushing three times key no. 1 or push-button B located inside the housing of the device. For toggle switch perform 3 position changes.
- The controller indicates when the device is correctly added to the network.
Controlling Fibaro Single Switch 2 using Home Center controller