Prices are tax included
First time when FIBARO Home Center 3 was announced and then released, all we can think of was migration. Migration as a simple and quick way to move devices, scenes, virtual devices and all configuration from older gateways Home Center 2 or Home Center Lite to new more powerful gateway FIBARO Home Center 3.
Today 27.2.2020, the partly migration process is available. Migration process is based on FIBARO cloud service - FIBARO ID. You have to have both gateways included in one FIBARO ID account.
You perform the migration voluntarily and under your own responsibility. We are not responsible for any malfunctions of transferred devices, parameters, associations, configurations, rooms, icons or FIBARO gateways.
The big warning for all - The migration process cannot be undone - it is irreversible (at this moment).
What is currently possible to migrate from older gateway (HCL / HC2) to the new one (HC3)?
- Sections, rooms, icons.
- All Z-Wave devices, their configuration and icons, room assignment, associations and parameters will be transferred.
- All cameras (but not ones created using plugins).
- If you have thermostats, they will await reconfiguration.
What won’t be transferred from older gateway (HCL / HC2) to the new one (HC3)?
- Scenes will not be moved and need to be created again. There are difference in LUA syntax, so if you have LUA scenes, you have to rewrite them all.
- Virtual devices will not be moved from older gateway to new one. Use a new tool - Quick Apps - to implement them. Also if you used LUA in Virtual devices, there is slightly different LUA syntax used in Quick Apps.
- Also these things will not be transfered - Plugins, Energy consumption, Camera plugins, Schedules (watering, climate).
- The gateway from which you are moving the backup will still be available, but the devices will no longer communicate at all.
So let's start -> Prerequisites / initial requirements:
Migration from FIBARO HCL / HC2 to HC3.
First step is only mandatory if you have FIBARO Home Center Lite, if you have FIBARO Home Center 2 you can skip first step.
Configuration on the source gateway (i.e. Home Center Lite or Home Center 2) will be left in read-only state. You may find it useful for future reconstruction of your scenes and automations.