Z-Wave Popp CO Detector combines a certified carbon monoxide detector with a plug-in Z-Wave module to form a wirelessly reporting carbon monoxide sensor. The carbon monoxide detector is certified according to EN 50270:1999, EN 60335-1:1994 as well as EN 50291:2001 and satisfies all contemporary legal requirements.
The high-end carbon monoxide detector offers a test button conveniently accessible – e.g. with a broom stick – when mounted on the ceiling. Three coloured LEDs on the device indicate Alarm, Error and Battery Level. The Alarm conditions as well as the actual CO level – measured in ppm – are reported wirelessly using Z-Wave. Additionally, a group of actuators can be controlled using the BASIC command class in case the CO alarm triggers. Two configuration parameters define what command to be sent in this case.
The electro-chemical CO sensor controls air quality and warns reliable when CO exceeds a defined limit. In case of an alarm the devices causes a loud sound (85dB/3m) and reports the alarm as well as the current measured value to the Z-Wave control center.
A Z-Wave alarm will be sent out when one of the following conditions were met:
- CO level above 43 ppm for a duration of 60 minutes
- CO level above 80 ppm for a duration of 10 minutes
- CO level above 150 ppm for a duration of 2 minutes
The alarm can be used to switch any other Z-Wave controllable actuator such as a Switch, a Dimmer or even a Door Lock that is placed in association group 2. The wireless module will also report a low battery warning and a tamper alarm on and off when the mains device is placed on or removed from the mounting base.
Please note that the battery level of the main detector (10year battery) is not reported since this battery can’t be replaced anyway.
The device is a secure Z-Wave Plus device and can be used in one wireless Z-Wave network with other certified devices regardless of origin and brand. It supports secure communication if the central controller supports secure communication as well. Even if included securely the device is able to communicate unsecured with devices included unsecure using the association group 2.
- Integrated 10years lithium battery
- Alarm sound with 85dB/3m
- Easy-Press-Button for easy test and muting
- Memory function informs about previous CO detection
- Separate LED signal lights for power supply, alarm mode and error report
- BS EN 50270:1999, BS EN 60335-1:1994, BS EN 50291:2010
- Firmware update during use in field
- Battery of the Smoke sensor: 1 x 10 Year Lithium cell – powered for life
- Battery of the wireless Z-Wave module: 2 x AAA resp. ½ AA plus internal Lithium
- Frequency: 868/869 MHz (SRD Frequency Band according EN300220)
- Wireless Range: up to 100 m outdoor, 40 m in buildings
- Explorer Frame Support: Yes
- Device Type: Sensor