The RaZberry2 turns every Raspberry PI into a Z-Wave Home Automation Gateway. The bundle of hardware and precompiled Z-Wave wireless network management software waits to be completed by your own user interface running in a web browser or a mobile phone. The Z-Wave software offers an easy to understand and easy to use interface applying the well-known Java Script interface technology JSON on a built in web server. Writing your own home automation app was never easier and never more affordable.
The RaZberry 2 has an optimized antenna so that this module can now achieve a range of up to 200 meters.
The RaZberry consists of four parts:
- Z-Wave transceiver pluggable to the GPIO interface of the Raspberry PI
- Optimized transceiver firmware running on the Z-Wave transceiver chip
- Certified Z-Wave communication stack Z-Way - running on the Raspberry PI and offering a web based interface
- Z-Way AJAX based demo User Interface for easy access to all Z-Wave functions of Z-Way and as a reference for own User Interface enhancements
Note: Raspberry PI board is not included with this module
- Frequency: Z-Wave 868.4 MHz
- Wireless Range Tested for >40 m in buildings, up to 100 m in free range
- Dimensions: 20 mm x 40 mm, weight is 16 gr.
- Display: Red LED: Inclusion and Exclusion Mode; Green LED: Send Data Indication