POPP ZB-Shield (Zigbee)
The POPP Zigbee Raspberry Pi Shield is designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi (1,2,3,4). It is based on the EFR32MG1 SiLabs chip, which is a 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 / Zigbee microcontroller.
POPP ZB-Shield (Zigbee) is preprogrammed with Network CoProcessor firmware and provides USB interface through CP2102N USB-UART bridge. When plugged into a computer it’s shown as a Serial Port. You can buy smart home devices that usually use IoT technology.
With an increasing number of Zigbee devices: Philips Hue, Osram, Iris, Ikea Tradfri, Xiaomi Aqara, and others – it’s interesting to use these products for Do It Yourself scenarios. Using the POPP ZB-Shield (Zigbee) you can directly communicate with these devices, using programming languages like Node.js, Python, and C or using ready to go plugins for different Home Automation platforms.
- 2.4GHz globally recognised frequency
- Zigbee compatible microcontroller EFR32MG1 inside
- Size: 28 x 16 x 8mm
- Rx sensitivity: -99dBm
- Max Tx power: 13dBm
- Visual range communication: 200m
- USB interface with standard NCP commands from Silicon Labs. Easy to use as Serial Port on the Host machine (PC/laptop/single board computers)
- Multiple plugins for openHAB, Home Assistant, Node-RED and other DYI platforms C, Node.js and Python libraries to build your own application