AEOTEC Z-Stick Gen5 (compatible with Raspberry Pi4) (ZW090-C)
USB based Z-Wave antenna used to build a gateway with open-source software.
This is the 2020 upgraded model from Aeotec featuring compatibility with Raspberry Pi 4. Older models of ZW090 do not offer Raspberry Pi 4 compatibility. Do note, however, that it is not Aeotec's Z-Stick Gen5 Plus model which remains unavailable.
Aeotec's Z-Stick makes your computer the heart of your Z-Wave network that enables you to create a remote network that's capable of controlling all aspects of your Z-Wave home automation system. It includes a battery and a simple push button that makes it easy and convenient to connect any computer with the Z-Wave network. In fact, the plug-and-play device can be connected with your PC, Laptop, Mac, and even embedded computer systems like Raspberry Pi to include/exclude modules or connect to any Z-wave devices that's discoverable in your mesh.
When attached to a host processor, it becomes a Z-Wave communication device, which exposes the zensys api (serialapi) through integrated USB. This device is meant primarily to allow a host processor to control up to 232 Z-Wave devices using the Z-Wave technology protocol all the while simplifying Z-Wave network installation.
It’s been designed to bring Z-Wave to every computer platform. You can use it with a PC, HTPC or laptop, with Mac, Linux or Windows, with single-board computers such as Raspberry Pi 4, and even select NAS systems.
- USB-Stick turns PC, Notebook etc. into a Z-Wave gateway
- Manages up to 232 Z-Wave devices
- Universal useable with different Z-Wave software solutions
- Works with Raspberry Pi 4 or earlier versions
- Wireless Technology: Z-Wave Plus
Once you’ve decided which platform to use Z-Stick Gen5 with, it’s time to select the software you want to use to power your gateway and your smart home for example openHAB, Home Assistant, Domoticz, ...
Z-Stick Gen5 is about dependability. Z-Stick Gen5 is not going offline at all. With its inbuilt 100 mAh rechargeable lithium battery, Z-Stick Gen5 can continue to work for up to 15 days even when your power is out.
- Model number: ZW090-C: EU frequency
- Device Type: Z-Wave USB Controller
- USB DC 4.75V to 5.25V
- Z-Wave Plus Certified: Yes
- Operating Distance: Up to 500 feet/150 metres outdoors in normal mode, 1310 feet/400 metres outdoors in PA mode.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium battery 3.7V, 100mAh
- Max Standby Current: 30uA
- Max Operating Current: 98mA in PA mode or 40mA in normal mode
- Platforms: Mac, Unix, Windows, RPi
- Z-Wave Plus: Yes
700 series: No
- Gen7: No
- SmartStart: No
- S2 security: No. Up to S0 only
- Z-Wave library: up to 6.51.10
- Controller type: Static controller
- Z-Wave Chip: ZM5101
- Backup compatible: Only with custom software
- Hardware Installation: USB
- Power supply: USB DC 4.75 to 5.25 V
- Max operating current: 98 mA
- Built in rechargable battery: Yes
- Transmit sensitivity: 2.91 dBm
- Receive sensitivity: -90 dBm
- Product Dimensions: 88 x 28.5 x 10 mm
- CPU speed: 32 MHz
- SRAM Memory: 16 kB
- Flash Memory: 128 kB
- Outdoor range: Up to 150 metres, Up to 400 metres in PA mode
- Indoor range: Up to 75 metres
- Best for: Gateway makers, RPi users, DIY users