Waveshare RS485 CAN pHAT - RS485 & CAN interface for Raspberry Pi.
RS485 CAN pHAT extends the Raspberry Pi with the possibility of communication via the RS485 / CAN protocol, ie. stably and over long distances.
CAN and RS485 are two popular standards in fieldbuses.
- RS485 deals only with layer 1 (physical layer) in the OSI model. It is very simple, universal and robust.
- CAN adds layer 2 (data link layer) in the OSI model. In terms of a higher level of the protocol and its ability to handle errors and crashes, it is much better than RS485, but if there are no SW libraries for a given platform, it is significantly more difficult to implement. CAN is not suitable for applications in which large blocks of data need to be transmitted.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero/Zero W/Zero WH/2B/3B/3B+
- CAN function, built-in CAN controller MCP2515 via SPI interface, with transmitter & receiver SN65HVD230
- RS485 function, controlled via UART interface, half-duplex communication, with SP3485 transmitter & receiver
- Dedicated control pins allow you to work with other control computers
- Comes with development materials and user guide (examples in WiringPi and Python)
- Operating voltage: 3.3V
- CAN controller: MCP2515
- CAN transceiver: SN65HVD230
- RS485 transceiver: SP3485
- Dimension: 65mm x 30mm
- Mounting hole size: 3.0mm
- 3V3 - 3V3 - 3.3V Power
- GND - GND - Ground
- SCK - P11/SCLK - SPI clock input
- MOSI - P10/MOSI - SPI data input
- MISO - P9/MISO - SPI data output
- CS - P8/CEO - SPI chip selection
- INT - P25 - Interrupt
- RXD - P15/RXD - RS485 UART receive
- TXD - P14/TXD - RS485 UART transmit
- RSE - P4 - RS485 RX/TX setting, high for TX, low for RX